Silicone rubber is a unique, extremely flexible synthetic elastomer. It is also versatile and easy to color, making it simple to manufacture.
High-quality silicone rubber is resistant to aging, heat, and sunlight, as well as many oils and chemicals. Silicone rubber is suitable for rubber components used in high temperature environments.
In addition, silicone can be exposed to wind, rain and UV rays for extended periods of time with virtually no change in its physical properties. Additional material properties include:
- High and low temperature stability
- Compression resistance
- Tear strength
- Varying degrees of hardness and softness
Please review the table below for more material information.
|Durometer||Tensile Strength||Elongation||Temperature Range||Color||Finish||Available Thicknesses|
|Tensile Strength750 PSI|
|Temperature Range-80°F to +150°F|
-80°F to +150°F
|Available Thicknesses1/16″ – 1/2″|
1/16″ – 1/2″
A variety of industries take advantage of silicone’s material properties. Silicone’s versatility makes it especially appealing to:
- Automotive industry for sealants and gaskets
- Aeronautics and aviation industries for door and window seats
- Food and beverage applications
- Electronics and energy transmission gaskets
- Medicine and veterinary science – particularly for sensitive, hypoallergenic tools