Here at CGR, we stock a wide variety of specialty materials, from unique adhesive solutions and flexible rubbers to custom-engineered fibers. During our Material of the Month blog series, we’ve been showcasing some of our favorite, most popular materials, outlining their unique features and exploring common applications.
This month, we’re highlighting our extremely versatile Rogers Corporation PORON®
PORON products have these great benefits:
- A higher compression set resistance for durable, long-term performance. Good for gasketing, sealing, and cushioning.
- Micro-cellular construction that contains no plasticizes or residual chemicals. The material will not become brittle and is non-corrosive to metal.
- Meet several flammability requirements of UL HBF and MVSS 302.
- Available in many densities and thicknesses.
- Good chemical resistance
- Die-cuts neatly and accepts a broad range of adhesives.
- Ideal for shock and vibration absorption in sensitive electronics.
Visit the Rogers Corporation website for more information on all the PORON® materials available.
PORON and CGR Products:
CGR Products is a Rogers Corporation preferred converter. At CGR Products we stock many grades of PORON® and several thicknesses. CGR commonly adds adhesive then fabricates finished parts by means of die cutting, waterjet cutting, knife cutting, rotary cutting, and slitting.
Adding adhesive to PORON® makes for great kiss cut applications. Other methods to note; if larger window frame gaskets can be dovetailed or foldout, this will allow a much greater utilization of material and substantially reduce cost.
Using PORON for Your Application
As flexible material specialists, the CGR team offers years of experience in converting PORON® into gaskets and components. Our in-house precision cutting services include rotary and flatbed die cutting, kiss cutting, slitting, splitting, knife cutting, and more.
For more information about PORON®’s unique applications and fabrication possibilities, visit our PORON material page.
Tweet Follow @cgrproducts