Waterjet cutting technology is one of the fastest growing major machine tool processes in the world due to its versatility and ease of operation.
Manufacturers are realizing that there are virtually no limits to what waterjets are capable of cutting and machining. Shops of all sizes are realizing greater efficiency and productivity by implementing waterjets in their operations.
Waterjets are becoming the machine tool of choice for many fabricators. Since abrasive waterjet technology was first invented in the early 1980s, the technology has rapidly evolved with continuous research and development.
What makes waterjets so popular?
- Produces net-shaped parts with no heat-affected zone, heat distortion, or mechanical stresses caused by other cutting methods
- Can cut with a narrow kerf, and can provide better usage of raw material since parts can be tightly nested.
- Can cut virtually any material, leaving a satin-smooth edge.
- Significant cost savings per part in industries that have traditionally defined productivity by cost per hour.
CGR can fabricate products of most all shapes and sizes utilizing a waterjet cutting process. waterjet cutting is an ideal choice for samples, prototypes, and quick-turn jobs.
CGR Products uses a high pressure stream of water to cut, with our waterjet cutting offering excellent material yield and the ability to cut materials that are more difficult to cut with a die. Utilizing a CAD operating system, CGR Products waterjet equipment has a rapid changeover time and allows for easy dimensional changes to parts.
Capabilities and Ranges for Waterjet Cut Shapes
- Ideal for samples, prototypes, and quick-turn jobs
- Able to cut 76″ wide rolls by unlimited length
- Four head design allows for multiple cuts
- Product fabricated from the thinnest gage flexible, pliable shim materials (0.002″) up to 8″ foams
- No tooling or tool maintenance
- Cuts without heat, therefore no heat affected fatigue zones
- Tolerances to +or- 0.003″
- Cuts virtually all materials
- Clean edges, little secondary work
- High material utilization
The CGR waterjet is capable of cutting rolls up to 76″ wide and of unlimited roll length. Our waterjet fabricator CAD system design allows for maximum yield gains compared to standard press die cutting and it’s four head design allows for multiple cuts for faster production time.
CGR waterjet cutting services allow us to fabricate product from the thinnest gage flexible, pliable shim materials (0.002″) up to 8″ foams.
The CGR waterjet fabricator requires no tooling or tool maintenance, lowering your initial set up charge. Our non-abrasive waterjet cuts non-metallic items, is environmentally friendly, is CAD reading and design capable and allows for .dxf and .dwg files.
View the table below for more information, or feel free to contact CGR today.